Rid of the Ordinary

How amazing are these sets for Lady Gaga's photoshoot with Mario Testino?
I love how the set builders have incorporated elements of wildlife and nature within a large manor house. The costume is also extraordinary, making her as grand as the sets themselves.


I really like the look of simple backgrounds in these shots by using coloured sheets, cloth and small furniture or props to create the look of a room. Photographer, Annie Leibovitz (image above) uses some really similar simple set ups and creates a real sense of place in every one of her images. They are so inspirational.

Theres a new piece of furniture in my flat, a mini chase lounge. Its gold painted with dull vintage green fabric. I think would be perfect for using during portraits. I might think about using a similar background and draping fabric.. market hunt it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment